Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My upstairs neighbor makes this all the time. Once she let me have a taste and I immediately bullied the recipe off of her.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut-up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 ounces green olives
- 4 cups white wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cups brown rice, freshly cooked
- lemon, rind of
- 1 lemon, juiced,use same lemon you "rinded"
- 6 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Use blender to combine oil, lemon juice, garlic and saffron.
- Rub this mixture on chicken pieces.
- Place remaining ingredients in pan with chicken.
- Simmer covered 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon Rice.
- Lemon Rice: Combine rice with all ingredients and toss together.
- Serve immediately.
A very easy recipe to follow - the taste is delicious. I made it as the main course for a dinner-party and took a bit longer than I'd anticipated. Having made it, I'd say it's fine to prepare beforehand and heat up before serving - the leftovers tasted great the next day. The lemon rice works well too. A very tasty meal!
This recipe was disgusting. I like all the ingredients, but together, they were horrible. Maybe you have to use a certain kind of white wine or something.
Very, very nice .. I used white rice instead of brown and it worked really well .. I will be making this again! thanks