Recipe by Mustang Sally 54269
From WW Light & Tasty cookbook. You can also grill these flavourful little logs in a wire basket over an outdoor bbcue grill. They are also good cold. Serve with couscous or rice pilaf. Yummy sauce.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, minced
- 3 ounces canned chick-peas, drained & chopped in half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch saffron, dissolved in 1 tsp hot water
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- For the sauce; in a small saucepan, combine broth, lemon juice (for sauce), cardamom & dissolved saffron. Bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring frequently 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese; blend in until mixture is very smooth. Let stand 30 min until flavours are blended.
- Meanwhile, to prepare 'sausages', in a medium bowl combine beef, onion, chickpeas, cilantro, ginger, coriander, curry powder, salt, cumin & remaining lemon juice.
- Form into 12 equal sausage shaped logs. Place logs onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 min, until cooked through. Divide evenly & serve with sauce.