Mustang Sally 54269's Note:
From WW Light & Tasty cookbook. You can also grill these flavourful little logs in a wire basket over an outdoor bbcue grill. They are also good cold. Serve with couscous or rice pilaf. Yummy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 medium onions, minced
- 3 ounces canned chick-peas, drained & chopped in half
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2For the sauce; in a small saucepan, combine broth, lemon juice (for sauce), cardamom & dissolved saffron. Bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring frequently 1 minute.
- 3Add cream cheese; blend in until mixture is very smooth. Let stand 30 min until flavours are blended.
- 4Meanwhile, to prepare 'sausages', in a medium bowl combine beef, onion, chickpeas, cilantro, ginger, coriander, curry powder, salt, cumin & remaining lemon juice.
- 5Form into 12 equal sausage shaped logs. Place logs onto a prepared baking sheet.
- 6Bake 10 min, until cooked through. Divide evenly & serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mideast Beef "sausages" With Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.9 mg
- Sodium 740.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 34.0 g