This recipe is a very flavorful recipe that is healthy and easy. When making traditional stuffed zucchini, the inside of the zucchini is set aside for later use and this is how its used. I sometimes just buy zucchini just to make this dish. You need the long green zucchini for this recipe. This recipe is usually a side dish at our table.* You may want to cut down on the amount of Maggi, or add it in increments until the desired amount of saltiness is achieved*
- Peel zucchini skin off.
- Finely grate the zucchini using a mandolin.
- Heat some vegetable oil and add the onions to the hot oil.
- Once onions become translucent and golden in color, add zucchini.
- Let zucchini cook for about 10 minutes or until soft and tender and then add the Maggi cube and mint(rubbing dried mint between your hands to grind it down).
- Let cook for another 2-5 minutes or so, or until squash is done.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy with some pita bread.