Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This comes from 1000 Great Recipes. Posting for ZWT3. “This spiced dish of mixed vegetables can be served as a side dish or a vegetarian main course.”
- 44.37 ml vegetable stock
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 396.89 g can chopped tomatoes
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 396.89 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- Heat the vegetable stock in a large casserole until boiling, then add the sliced pepper, zucchini, carrot and celery.
- Stir over high heat for 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, chili powder, mint and cumin. Add the chick peas and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the casserole with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 30 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot, garnished with mint leaves.
I made this for a special event dinner and everyone loved it. I added onions and used fresh chopped tomatoes. I found this recipe easy to make and will make it again. I loved the mint in the soup I added a little extra at the end just to give it a little aroma.
A wonderful vegetarian stew. I added a chopped onion for extra flavor. It didn't seem like there would be enough liquid while simmering, so I added another can of diced tomatoes. I also put some chopped mint leaves right into the soup as well as for garnish; it really did a lot for the flavor. Thanx for a tasty, healthy veggie stew. I'll make this again.