Recipe by The Savory Truffle
I was in the mood for some Middle Eastern food, specifically falafel and hummus. Not having time to go to the store, I used up what veggies I had on hand to fill my veg quota for the day. It is a recipe I will continue to play with, but it definitely sated my craving.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Dice 1 1/2 of the potatoes and slice the remaining half thinly (1/8" or so).
- Toss the diced potato with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in your casserole dish for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and toss to evenly distribute. Roast an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine Puree ingredients in food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- When the potatoes and broccoli are finished roasting (15 min.) sprinkle the tomatoes evenly around the casserole dish. Add additional seasoning at this point if you choose. (salt,pepper).
- Pour puree over the vegetables and spread with spoon or spatula to evenly distribute.
- Lay the potato slices on top of the dish until it is evenly covered. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add a little final salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.