1/2 Photos of " Middle Eastern " Twice-Baked Potatoes
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A delicious yet low-fat twice-baked potato side dish with a blend of classic Middle Eastern flavours: chickpeas, cumin and coriander. Serve with roasts or with your favourite Middle Eastern main course dish. Adapted from "Practical Cookery: low fat". These potatoes could also be served on their own as a light vegetarian meal. In view of the comments by reviewers about the potatoes being a bit dry, I have added a tablespoon of tahini. I have also added some garlic. I'm not sure how the recipe escaped having garlic in it when I first posted it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- 2Wash the potatoes to remove any dirt, pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, brush with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for about an hour or until cooked through.
- 5Cool for about 10 minutes.
- 6While the potatoes are roasting, drain the chickpeas, place in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- 7Add the ground coriander, the cumin, the crushed garlic and half the fresh coriander. Cover the bowl with with plastic wrap, and set aside.
- 8Once they have cooled, taking care to keep the shells intact, halve the cooked potatoes and scoop out the flesh.
- 9Mash the potato flesh until smooth and gently mix with the chickpea mixture.
- 10Fold in the yoghurt and tahini, and add a little more of either of these if the mixture seems too dry, season with the pepper and salt, to taste.
- 11Place the potato shells on a lightly greased baking tray and fill them with the potato and chickpea mixture.
- 12Place the filled potato shells in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- 13Serve the potatoes with the remaining half of the chopped coriander.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Middle Eastern " Twice-Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 359.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g