Recipe by Stephanie Z.
Middle Eastern take on a classic American dish... the hot dog! Serve rolled up in a pita with your favorite Middle eastern sauce - I suggest tzatziki, but any condiment will do. A tahini dressing would probably also work well. Rice or couscous or an Israeli salad would make a fine side dish.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey (don't go leaner, these might not come out right)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, and salt. In a large bowl, crumble the ground turkey; slowly work in seasoning mixture with your hands, distributing seasoning as evenly as possible.
- Divide into 8 equal balls. On a flat surface, roll out each turkey ball into a tube shape.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and set it over medium heat. Place turkey tubes into the skillet; cook, turning frequently, until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven about 6 minutes, making sure that dogs are cooked though!