Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this in a whole-wheat pita pocket with fresh spinach and sliced red onion.
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a bowl.
- Stir in tuna, chickpeas and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
This was so good! I just loved it! I don't think this salad lasted more than a couple of hours in my house, which should be a huge compliment to you.
Delicious! the only change I made was I added in a green onion, I used Greek yogurt and lots of fresh ground black pepper, served it in a pita for a delicious lunch my DH enjoyed, thanks for sharing Kel!
This was good...and different. I used one clove of garlic and cilantro instead of parsley. However, next time I might use 1/2 tsp cumin because, to me, it was very over-powering using one teaspoon. And it definitely doesn't taste the same without the onion. That finished out the flavors. Thanks for sharing.