Recipe by the80srule
I concocted this to have a more interesting way to eat oatmeal. Usually I have it with just fruit preserves or with some spice, but I'm trying to eat healthier, so may as well make it tasty. This is open for variation, but what's posted is how I like it.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This is a very nice oatmeal. I used vanilla almond milk and increased the cinnamon and cardamom. Also I barely could taste the tahini - maybe it's my tahini? I actually increased the amount of tahini to 1 1/2 tablespoons to have real taste of it. With this changes I'll definitely make it again because I love tahini :) Thanks for sharing!
Made for Healthy Hearts Find The Tags / Diabetic Forum.
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml vanilla soymilk
- 9.85 ml tahini
- 14.79 ml sugar (I usually just use 2 packets Sugar in the Raw turbinado)
- 0.59 ml cinnamon (I just sprinkle some on( ballpark measurement!)
- 0.59 ml ground cardamom (I just sprinkle some on( ballpark measurement!)
- 3 pitted dates, chopped into pieces
- toasted sliced almonds, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oats with the soymilk, tahini, and spices together in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Nuke it for about 1 minute on high.
- Add the chopped dates and almonds, sprinkle with some extra cinnamon and sugar again.
- Try it with some honey (for non-vegans), for a fun new twists on oatmeal!