1/1 Photo of Middle Eastern Tahini Oatmeal (Vegan)
I concocted this to have a more interesting way to eat oatmeal. Usually I have it with just fruit preserves or with some spice, but I'm trying to eat healthier, so may as well make it tasty. This is open for variation, but what's posted is how I like it.
My Private Note
bowl of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I usually just use 2 packets Sugar in the Raw turbinado)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (I just sprinkle some on( ballpark measurement!)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (I just sprinkle some on( ballpark measurement!)
- 3 pitted dates, chopped into pieces
- toasted sliced almonds, for topping
- 1Mix the oats with the soymilk, tahini, and spices together in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Nuke it for about 1 minute on high.
- 3Add the chopped dates and almonds, sprinkle with some extra cinnamon and sugar again.
- 4Try it with some honey (for non-vegans), for a fun new twists on oatmeal!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Tahini Oatmeal (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 15.6 g