I concocted this to have a more interesting way to eat oatmeal. Usually I have it with just fruit preserves or with some spice, but I'm trying to eat healthier, so may as well make it tasty. This is open for variation, but what's posted is how I like it.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I usually just use 2 packets Sugar in the Raw turbinado)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (I just sprinkle some on( ballpark measurement!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom (I just sprinkle some on( ballpark measurement!)
- 3 pitted dates, chopped into pieces
- toasted sliced almonds, for topping
- Mix the oats with the soymilk, tahini, and spices together in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Nuke it for about 1 minute on high.
- Add the chopped dates and almonds, sprinkle with some extra cinnamon and sugar again.
- Try it with some honey (for non-vegans), for a fun new twists on oatmeal!