Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite Middle eastern salads/appetizers, and it has become very popular in the U.S. (Chill time is the cooking time which is optional, but it tastes better chilled)
- 1⁄2 cup very fine bulgur
- 2 bunches parsley (large stems discarded and then chopped)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes (sliced very small)
- 1 small cucumber (sliced very small)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (I prefer fresh lemon juice)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Soak bulgur in enough fresh water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl except for the olive oil.
- Chill well in the refrigerator. You can even chill it overnight.
- When ready to serve, add olive oil.
- Serve garnished with lettuce leaves (optional).