4 hrs 10 mins
This is one of my favorite Middle eastern salads/appetizers, and it has become very popular in the U.S. (Chill time is the cooking time which is optional, but it tastes better chilled)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup very fine bulgur
- 2 bunches parsley (large stems discarded and then chopped)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes (sliced very small)
- 1 small cucumber (sliced very small)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (I prefer fresh lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Soak bulgur in enough fresh water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 2Toss all ingredients in a large bowl except for the olive oil.
- 3Chill well in the refrigerator. You can even chill it overnight.
- 4When ready to serve, add olive oil.
- 5Serve garnished with lettuce leaves (optional).
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Tabouli
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 593.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g