Recipe by Johnney
Spaghetti squash, which has a pretty bland flavor on its own, gets an exotic treatment in this Middle Eastern cuisine inspired recipe.
Top Review by Cabcere
My family really enjoyed this recipe - even my little brother, who normally isn't a big fan of squash. :) I didn't have any orange zest or white pepper, but it turned out just fine with the rest of the ingredients. This was a lovely dish with a subtle flavor, and was great the next day with extra cinnamon and cardamom added in (just my personal preference). The toasted almonds were an excellent touch. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe, Johnney!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands (See How to Cook Spaghetti Squash)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil then stir in spices, except salt and pepper.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Stir in squash and sauté until well coated, adding white pepper and salt to taste.
- Remove to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and orange zest just before serving.