Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spaghetti squash, which has a pretty bland flavor on its own, gets an exotic treatment in this Middle Eastern cuisine inspired recipe.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands (See How to Cook Spaghetti Squash)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 orange, zest of
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil then stir in spices, except salt and pepper.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Stir in squash and sauté until well coated, adding white pepper and salt to taste.
- Remove to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and orange zest just before serving.