Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very good for a nice lunch. I like to make the day before and have it the next day, so all the flavors have "melded" together. Cook time includes chill time.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked drained black beans (approx. 1 cup dried)
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Mix all salad ingredients together, place to the side while making the dressing.
- To make dressing, mix lemon juice with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Beat in olive oil.
- Fold into reserved salad.
- Chill several hours to enhance flavor.
This was awesome! I am on the South Beach diet and this fit right in to my meal plan. Thanks for an easy and healthy recipe!
This recipe is great! I didn't have any mint on hand, but it tasted great anyway. It's easy to throw together and works wonderfully as a summer dish.