Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Can-Am Cooks" - recipes from firehalls all over the world! Posted for ZWT #6.
- 14.79 ml tahini
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 14.79 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 236.59 ml feta, coarsely crumbled
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, yogurt, water, and garlic in a jar and shake well (can be made ahead and refrigerated).
- Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces and top with red onion and feta and toss with dressing!
After heavy meat laden meals recently I really wanted, and needed, something light and refreshing. This hit the spot wonderfully :D. It's very quick to make up and the simple flavors of the ingredients were all complimentary to each other. Really lovely.
This was very tasty! Instead of the yogurt and water, I used kefir (cultured milk). Otherwise, made as directed and enjoyed very much! Thanks for sharing!
Very creamy salad dressing! I minced my garlic, and used all the dressing on 12 ounces of bagged lettuce, plus 1/2 red onion. I reduced the feta cheese a bit to save calories. The two of us ate the whole thing :) Thanks! Made for ZWT VI Sand & Spices Meatless challenge.