Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by the flavours of the Middle East, especially Morocco, I created a rub for white fish. Simple to put together, there is plenty to use for the following days and weeks. Just put away in a container. For the fish, I used Tilapia, but other white fish, such as Halibut and Cod can be used as well.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients together. Store in a container (because they are all dried ingredients you can put it in the pantry, there is no need to refrigerate it).
- When ready to use, sprinkle a little of the rub on each of the fillets you are using. gently spread by hand, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Bake the fish as you normally would when adding a rub, or when it's just plain.
We applied this to a thin tilapia fillet and simply broiled it for three minutes. It had a nice flavor and color, needed salt at the table. Made for PRMR.
this is really easy and flavorful and imparts a nice color