Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT6. Adapted from allrecipes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in rice, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, then pour in chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook the ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat until evenly brown.
- Gently mix cooked turkey, garbanzo beans, black beans, cilantro, parsley, and pine nuts into the cooked rice.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
This dish had good flavor. I think it would benefit from adding less stock so that the rice isn't over expanded into mush.
very filling and like dishes that have turkey meat in them ,but i think this could very easily be a vegaterian dish by subbing chicken stock for veggie stock good stuff zaar tour 6