Recipe by Jozieo
This is a sweetish healthy side dish, or vegan main dish. Perfect for Thanksgiving. I use a packaged mix of the 3 grains but I suppose you can use what ever grains you like. I am going to try this with brown rice.
- 1 cup of mixed quinoa, Red Lentils & Bulgar Wheat
- 3 -6 chopped apricots
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot:.
- Stir fry the grains in 1 Tbsp oil for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped apricots, raisins, spices and stir.
- Add 2 1/4 c hot or boiling water.
- Bring to boil, cover pot and simmer on a low flame for 34-45 minutess. (All the water should be absorbed).
- Turn off stove and let sit an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- (my hubbie likes this cold too).