This is a sweetish healthy side dish, or vegan main dish. Perfect for Thanksgiving. I use a packaged mix of the 3 grains but I suppose you can use what ever grains you like. I am going to try this with brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pot:.
- 2Stir fry the grains in 1 Tbsp oil for 3 minutes.
- 3Add chopped apricots, raisins, spices and stir.
- 4Add 2 1/4 c hot or boiling water.
- 5Bring to boil, cover pot and simmer on a low flame for 34-45 minutess. (All the water should be absorbed).
- 6Turn off stove and let sit an additional 10 minutes.
- 7Serve hot.
- 8(my hubbie likes this cold too).
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Quinoa & Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 591.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: