Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a sweetish healthy side dish, or vegan main dish. Perfect for Thanksgiving. I use a packaged mix of the 3 grains but I suppose you can use what ever grains you like. I am going to try this with brown rice.
- In a pot:.
- Stir fry the grains in 1 Tbsp oil for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped apricots, raisins, spices and stir.
- Add 2 1/4 c hot or boiling water.
- Bring to boil, cover pot and simmer on a low flame for 34-45 minutess. (All the water should be absorbed).
- Turn off stove and let sit an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- (my hubbie likes this cold too).
Excellent flavors. I used the Harvest Grain mix from Trader Joe's and a mixture of currants, dried blueberries and raisins. It came out great with many requests for the recipe.