Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An American classic with a Middle Eastern twist. This recipe doesn't contain any mayonnaise, so it is perfect for a picnic. From Cooking Pleasures magazine.
- 2 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large pot, put the potatoes and cover with cold water; salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes for 10-12 min or until fork tender.
- Cool and quarter, or cut into 8 pieces depending on size.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, stir together the green onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, allspice, and coriander.
- Add the potatoes, parsley, and tomatoes; toss well to coat.
I didn't have any tomatoes currently (of any kind) so I made this without them. I have come to really potato salad with oil and lemon instead of mayo, add to that the seasonings and we have a winning recipe.
This was soo good.. my hubbie in the otherhand didnt like as much.. but hey whose writing the review!!!..It was soo quick to make it!! and the spices made it mouth watering.. i would reccomend to all to try it out!!!