Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast way to make a Middle Eastern Pita sandwich. From Everyday Cooking on PBS.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded diced
- 1 English cucumber, seeded diced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small red onion, diced
- coarse salt and pepper
- 8 ounces hummus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 4 (6 inch) pita breads
- Combine lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley.
- Place onion in a separate plastic bag.
- For Meal: Add onion and dressing to vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Serve with hummus (sprinkled with paprika and remaining olive oil), feta (thickly sliced), olives, and pita.
- Place/Arrange ingredients on platter and let individuals make their own.
- Make ahead:.
- Store dressing and the tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley covered in the refrigerator. Keep the onion in plastic bag also in the refrigerator.
Great combination of flavors! I didn't measure anything, just threw it together. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting.