Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Has a delicate fresh flavor, not heavy at all. Got from another site and it was given 8 points per serving. Can serve over basmati rice, couscous, or rice - I served in a bowl as a stew.
- 453.59 g chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 12 extra small red potatoes or 3 large red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 236.59-473.18 ml fat free chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh squeezed
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 236.59 ml green olives, pitted
- 44.37 ml capers, rinsed
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Spray a large pot or Dutch oven with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken and remove chicken and set aside
- Add in garlic and onion and sauté, stirring constantly, until tender, about 5 minute.
- Return chicken to pan, and sprinkle with cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, & pepper.
- Add in potatoes, tomatoes, and 1-2 cups of broth (use enough broth to cover all the chicken and potatoes).
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, capers olives and parsley and heat through. Add in additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired (I didn't need additional S&P).
- Serve immediately.