I haven't tried this yet. Serve over cous cous with lemon slices. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006. Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
- Finely chop garlic and gingerroot together.
- In a small bowl, stir oil into tomato paste. Stir in garlic and ginger mixture, cinnamon, and caraway seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove fine skin from monkfish, then spread on the spice mixture.
- Place fish into a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut a piece of foil large enough to enclose fish.
- Make a bed of chopped onions on the foil. Place monkfish and any spice paste left in the dish on top of onion.
- Fold foil loosely over fish and seal edges tightly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Open foil and baste fish. Bake another 10-15 minutes until fish flakes.