Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These go quickly, make lots.
- 1 lb olives, your choice or 1 lb pitted small to medium green olives or 1 lb oil-cured black olive (such as Nicoise, about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- Rinse the olives, then soak in cold water for at least 4 hours, drain.
- Combine the olives with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 day and up to 1 week.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Variation; Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme.