Recipe by *Parsley*
Can be adapted for the slow-cooker after sauteeing the scallions and parsley.
Top Review by Studentchef
I adapted this to a slow cooker style of cooking (I don't have a sloow cooker, but my family has a pot that is treated like a slow cooker). It was really good, and used dried beans instead of canned (I think that was the only change we made). But it did turn out really good.
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 12 scallions, finely chopped white and green parts
- 3 cups finely chopped parsley
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs lean lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 quarts chicken broth, any kind of broth works
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium stockpot, saute scallions & parsley until parsley turns dark green and fragrant.
- Add the cubed lamb & saute until lamb is just lightly browned.
- Add broth, lemon juice and coriander. Stir well, reduce heat and cover & simmer about 1 hr 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans, salt & pepper. Cover and simmer just until heated through.
- Serve over rice, if desired.