1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Can be adapted for the slow-cooker after sauteeing the scallions and parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 12 scallions, finely chopped white and green parts
- 3 cups finely chopped parsley
- 2 1/2-3 lbs lean lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 quarts chicken broth, any kind of broth works
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1Melt butter in medium stockpot, saute scallions & parsley until parsley turns dark green and fragrant.
- 2Add the cubed lamb & saute until lamb is just lightly browned.
- 3Add broth, lemon juice and coriander. Stir well, reduce heat and cover & simmer about 1 hr 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in the kidney beans, salt & pepper. Cover and simmer just until heated through.
- 5Serve over rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Lamb Stew
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 923.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 49.8 g