Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A zesty, delicious combination of flavors. High protein & very low carb. For vegetarians you can just leave the lamb off the top and it's still a nice salad, but not so much a meal anymore.
- 1 leg of lamb, bone removed & butterflied (about 3 lbs)
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 118.29 ml pecan pieces
- 113.39 g feta cheese (4/5 of a cup)
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml baby spinach leaves
- 236.59 ml mint leaf, coarsely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rub the lamb all over with the oil and then with the seasonings.
- Grill the lamb until medium-rare, turning once (internal temp 135F; about 40 minutes on an outdoor grill).
- On a baking sheet, toast the pecans in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, cobine the remaining ingredients and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the top of the tossed salad.
- Slice the lamb thin when it finishes cooking, then serve the salad with the grilled lamb on top.
This makes a fantastic summer time meal. I used some leftover lamb that I sliced and sauteed lightly before topping the greens. I really enjoyed the combination of flavors.
What a great "hot day" meal. I used leg of lamb steaks, swapped the spinach for romaine lettuce and used cashews instead of pecans. Loved the spices on the lamb and the dressing on the greens. The mint adds such a nice finishing touch to this, make sure to use lots!
This is great and perfect for summer! I had no idea how to butterfly a leg of lamb, so mine took longer to cook than indicated but this salad was delicious. I also used walnuts instead of pecans, but I don't think that made much of a difference in this wonderful salad. Thanks for sharing this keeper - can't wait to make this again, only next time I'll ask the butcher to bone and butterfly the lamb for me!