A zesty, delicious combination of flavors. High protein & very low carb. For vegetarians you can just leave the lamb off the top and it's still a nice salad, but not so much a meal anymore.
- 1⁄2 leg of lamb, bone removed & butterflied (about 3 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese (4/5 of a cup)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup mint leaf, coarsely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rub the lamb all over with the oil and then with the seasonings.
- Grill the lamb until medium-rare, turning once (internal temp 135F; about 40 minutes on an outdoor grill).
- On a baking sheet, toast the pecans in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, cobine the remaining ingredients and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the top of the tossed salad.
- Slice the lamb thin when it finishes cooking, then serve the salad with the grilled lamb on top.