This is a great burger from the Food Network All Stars cookbook. I get a ton of requests to make this from my family. Making these mini burgers is great for tailgating. Prep does not include chilling
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus
- additional kosher salt, for seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 6 small plain pita pocket bread (you know what I do)
- sliced onion tomato (to garnish)
- sliced cucumber (to garnish)
- arugula (to garnish)
- fresh mint (to garnish)
- 1Prep grill - medium high.
- 2Using hand mix lamb thru pepper, gently add in feta. Divide mixture into 6 portions ( I do mini so I get like 12-18) shape into oval loosely packed and press center so it is slightly thinner.
- 3Brush burgers with EVOO and season with salt and pepper ( if desired ) grill turning once until firm to the touch with a bit of give. about 8-10 min for large burgers.
- 4Grill pitas if desired serve burgers with pitas and garnishes.
- 5Stir yogurt and put into coffee filter let drain for at least 12 hours or over night ( It never makes it that long for me and its fine).
- 6or if using Greek yogurt skip this step. Discard watery liquid and put yogurt into bowl.
- 7Grate cucumber on wide holed side of a grater. sprinkle with 2 tsp salt and toss gently set aside for 20 min then squeeze to express as much liquid as possible , add to yogurt in bowl.
- 8Smash garlic sprinkle with generous pinch of salt and with the flat side of a knife mash into coarse paste. Add garlic oil lemon juice and mint to yogurt mixture, stir to combine, refrigerate for about an hour to meld flavors.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Lamb and Feta Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.5
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 154.8 mg
- Sodium 1405.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of