Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
MMMMM, can you smell the aromas of this cooking, if not, it means that you are not cooking this, so get to it or you will miss out ;-)
- 500 g lamb fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 10 spinach leaves, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- Trim meat of fat and sinew.
- Slice across grain into long thin strips.
- Heat oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander.
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric.
- Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add meat and cook until browned.
- Add spinach and cook 4 minutes.
- Mix together cornflour, yoghurt and water and add to pan.
- Add sultanas.
- Let sauce thicken over heat.
- Serve immediately with couscous.
This was such a great recipe-super fast and really tasty to boot! I used half the amount of lamb (shoulder chops we boned out) but all the sauce and a bit more silverbeet. Like Peggy, I seasoned my lamb well with salt and pepper. I'm not a fan of sultanas so used craisins instead. Why would get takeaways when you can throw this and the couscous together in minutes!
Superb recipe for lamb, and so quick and easy to make. I kept thinking I should be adding some onion or garlic, but didn't. I'm glad I restrained myself. The only thing it needed -- for our tastes -- was salt and ground pepper. I used a thick Greek yogurt and the leaves of a bunch of English spinach. I started the recipe in mid-afternoon, and turned the heat off and covered the pan as soon as I added the chopped spinach. Finished everything off later when dinnertime was approaching. Thank you so much for posting a recipe I will use again and again.
absolutely fabulous! used leg chops, got the butcher to cut the meat into strips. Used baby spinach. Everything else to the recipe and I wouldnt change a thing, I think I will be making this a lot!!