- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let rest in the refrigerator for about a half an hour.
- Form into sausage like shapes and thread onto skewers.
- Heat oil on griddle over medium heat and fry the kebabs, turning until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Alternatively, you can grill the skewers (be sure to soak the skewers first if they are made of bamboo).
- Serve with lebne (cucumber, yogurt and mint sauce), or sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.