Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The spices are perfect and the yogurt make the burgers nice and moist while still holding together.. From the Schwartzbein Principle Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 cup whole grain breadcrumbs (fresh or dried)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup whole plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- lettuce (optional) or tomatoes (optional) or onion (optional)
- aioli (many good recipes on food.com)
- 2 buns (whole grain, wheat, etc.)
- In a large bown, using your hands or a wooden spoon, crumble meat. Mix in remaining ingredients until well blended. Form into 4 large burgers.
- Grill on a barbecue, broil or pan fry, turning once until browned and cooked to your liking. Serve open faced on a half bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and aioli.