Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The spices are perfect and the yogurt make the burgers nice and moist while still holding together.. From the Schwartzbein Principle Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 cup whole grain breadcrumbs (fresh or dried)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup whole plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- lettuce (optional) or tomatoes (optional) or onion (optional)
- aioli (many good recipes on food.com)
- 2 buns (whole grain, wheat, etc.)
- In a large bown, using your hands or a wooden spoon, crumble meat. Mix in remaining ingredients until well blended. Form into 4 large burgers.
- Grill on a barbecue, broil or pan fry, turning once until browned and cooked to your liking. Serve open faced on a half bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and aioli.