Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a vegetarian delight. High in protein and fiber, and low in fat and calories, this stew-like dish is very satisfying and healthy :)
Top Review by Bergy
Great Luncheon dish - I cut the recipe back to 2 servings - no problem. I used a bit more garlic than called for and used fresh chopped tomatoes with a bit of tomatoe juice. The spices are wonderful, used rotini Myrtle tree pasta. We'll have this again Thanks Karen
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large pot until hot and melted.
- Add onion and cook for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, allspice and pepper and cook 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes and beans and heat to boiling over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and cook until heated through.
- Toss with parsley before serving, if desired.