This is a vegetarian delight. High in protein and fiber, and low in fat and calories, this stew-like dish is very satisfying and healthy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large pot until hot and melted.
- 3Add onion and cook for 20 minutes, until tender.
- 4Stir in garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, allspice and pepper and cook 1 more minute.
- 5Add tomatoes and beans and heat to boiling over medium high heat.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add pasta and cook until heated through.
- 8Toss with parsley before serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Garbanzo Beans and Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 900.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 14.8 g