1/1 Photo of Middle-Eastern Fusion Chicken Tacos With Green Onion Relish
I cook middle-eastern dishes, and middle-eastern inspired dishes. Today, I had the hankering for some tacos. Taco-Bell used to have a carne-asada lime and onion soft-shell taco; now defunct, I satisfied my taco-craving with a recipe drawn from multiple influences, but combining a lot my favorite flavors. It's a mix of hard shell chicken tacos and tabbouleh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1taco shells: prepare as per directions on packaging
- 2marinade: combine green onion, regular onion, chilis (to taste), salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- 3cut chicken into 1'' wide chicken strips.
- 4combine chicken and marinade thoroughly; refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- 5heat skillet to high. lightly grease with splash olive oil. separate the chicken pieces from the marinade, and fry in the skillet - leave face down to get really good color before turning; cook until white throughout - set aside cooked chicken.
- 6in the same hot skillet, add in your marinade (liquid and all) - allow liquid to fully cook out; onions will become dark/blackened. *cook well as this was in contact with raw chicken* - set aside; this is your relish.
- 7in a separate bowl combine parsley (finely chopped), finely chopped tomato, finely chopped onion (to taste), and a pinch of salt, pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil - mix thoroughly and set aside your "herb salad".
- 8assemble tacos in the following order: chicken, green onion relish, herb salad. no further seasoning or sauces necessary.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle-Eastern Fusion Chicken Tacos With Green Onion Relish
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.4
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 1977.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 27.9 g