- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup fine bulgur or 1 cup medium-grain bulgur (6 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped (6 to 8)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup dried currants or 1⁄3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄3 cup pistachio nut
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, about
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the boiling water over the bulgur and let stand until tender and the water is absorbed (20 to 40 minutes depending on the age and type of bulgur).
- Drain any excess water and fluff with a fork.
- Add the parsley, mint, scallions, fruit, and nuts.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to let the flavors meld.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.