Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
In the Middle East it's called "poor man's caviar"
- 3 eggplants
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- black pepper
- Grill the eggplants until the flesh is soft.
- Put the eggplants in a clean towel and wait to cool.Peel the skins.
- Mash them to a soft paste with a fork or using a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add more seasoning according to your taste.
Add a little tahini and you have baba ganoush! Very nice eaten with toasted pita breads.