Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The Casbah in Lawrence, KS puts these in their house salad. This is my favorite burger joint EVER but, the pickled vegetables in the salad are so delicious they are freaky tasty. I had to buy the cookbook from the chef's Robert and Molly Krause. Because of their book, I want to start canning. :D "Pickles are a great way to use up a garden bounty and eat more vegetables. Beyond snacking, they taste great in salads, with dips or hummus, or atop a sandwich." - The Cook's Book of Intense Flavors
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 jalapeno, sliced lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed with the back of a knife
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and rough cut
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Mix all ingredients except for the cauliflower in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and bring back to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Keep covered in its liquid in refrigerator.
Made as written. Used cauliflower from our CSA box-locally grown and organic. Well received at a family potluck and thanks for posting! No leftovers-boo hoo!!!