Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a CD cookbook.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 3 small minced garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml fresh minced ginger
- 1 large chopped onion
- 425.24 g can tomatoes, peeled, in juice reserve juice
- 14.78 ml coriander
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml clove
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 2 (850.48 g) candrained and rinsed garbanzo beans
- 118.29 ml fresh minced fresh parsley
- In large heavy skillet sauté garlic, ginger and onion in oil 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add tomatoes, break in smaller pieces. Add 1/2 reserved juice. Add rest of spices. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add garbanzos, cook 10 minutes. If too thick, add rest of juice. Add parsley and toss. This recipe isn't too spicy, it's the minimum. Add more to your taste.
Super easy to make, excellent taste and very filling!
I made half the recipe since DH was the only one eating it. He enjoyed this for his iftar. Made for Ramadan Tag
For me this was just the right amount of spice. It was enough for my lips to have a bit of a tingle but not to blow my head off. I skipped the oil and used a fat free cooking spray to soften the onions but other than that stuck to everything as written and enjoyed it a lot. Made for ZWT4.