- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 small minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, peeled, in juice reserve juice
- 3 teaspoons coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (15 ounce) cansdrained and rinsed garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup fresh minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy skillet sauté garlic, ginger and onion in oil 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add tomatoes, break in smaller pieces. Add 1/2 reserved juice. Add rest of spices. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add garbanzos, cook 10 minutes. If too thick, add rest of juice. Add parsley and toss. This recipe isn't too spicy, it's the minimum. Add more to your taste.