1/1 Photo of Middle Eastern Chicken Sloppy Joe
I found this unique recipe on the Food Network website. It looks like a great twist on an old favorite. Use the soy yogurt to make this dairy-free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced (white and green parts separate)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt or 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 (4 inch) whole wheat pita bread, with pockets, tops trimmed and warmed
- tomato, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- 1Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, add the scallion whites cinnamon, salt, and pepper, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the garlic, tomato, and raisins and cook over high heat until mixture is almost dry, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken and cook stirring until meat is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and stir in the green part of the scallions, yogurt, and pine nuts.
- 5Serve mixture stuffed into warm pita with tomato slices and cucumber slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Chicken Sloppy Joe
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 830.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 33.2 g