Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe from another site. I really liked it as it is full of flavor and low in fat. The original recipe calls for 2 cloves of garlic but I am a true garlic lover so I doubled it. This was served with Classic Saffron Rice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the fresh lemon juice, combine spices and sprinkle over chicken, top with slivers of garlic.
- Pour the rinsed chickpeas over and then the tomatoes. Place dish in preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve with couscous or rice.
this was a top meal! scaled down for 2, served with couscous and Greek Peppers With Feta Cheese and Tomato Sauce.<br/>Had a friend staying, and she chopped up cilantro, and yummed and yahhed all thru the meal :)<br/>I hate the stuff, and certainly did not miss it! <br/>I think I will be making this again soon!, my daughter is coming to stay and she is "no dairy or gluten" so this fits the bill!<br/>made for Aussie swap Jan 2014
This was such a quick recipe to put together and we were both really happy with the results. I used two chicken breasts, but as we are piggies, I made all the sauce to go over our couscous. I doubled the coriander and cumin, but left the cinnamon as written. I think the nutritional data is out and estimated this would be around 5 grams fat (total) per serve. Our chicken was really moist and tender cooked this way and I'll be making this again thank you.
Thoroughly enjoyed by myself, DH & DD. When making again, I would increase the amounts of spices slightly, just as a personal preference. Made for Aussie Kiwi Swap Sept 2010.