Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are good! Serve them in pita bread with sprouts and tomatoes. Make sure you cut everything in tiny pieces and mash the beans well.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml minced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml minced bell pepper
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 946.36 ml cooked white beans
- 236.59 ml minced fresh parsley
- 473.18 ml cooked brown rice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- black pepper
- Sauté onions garlic and salt in the oil. Add bell peppers and cumin and cook until peppers are softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash the beans by hand in a large bowl. Add the rice parsley and lemon juice and mix. Add the sautéed veggies.
- Shape the mixture into small patties. Fry in a pan coated with cooking spray until lightly browned on each side.
These really are tasty and satisfying! I used a food processor to easily mash my beans and mix in the other ingredients. The patties held together very well ~ I suggest wetting your hands when forming them. A half-batch made 5 good-sized patties which I served on homemade hamburger buns. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!