- 1 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 small cucumber, chopped (1 cup)
- 8 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, pour water over bulgur. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except tomatoes. Core tomatoes.
- Make 4 cuts in each tomato from top to bottom without cutting all the way through bottom of tomato. Place tomatoes on individual plates.
- Stir bulgur into bean mixture; spoon into tomatoes.