1/2 Photos of Middle Eastern Beef Kabobs
Wonderful flavors! Great for a barbeque, picnic, or party! Adapted from Food Network Special, courtesy of Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh. They won the competition and now have their own show!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed and cubed into 16 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced large
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced large
- 4 preserved lemons, halved (use recipe here on Zaar or buy premade)
- 8 white mushrooms, wiped clean and stems trimmed
- 1 red onion, diced large
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 (10 inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1Prepare your meat and vegetables by cleaning, seeding, cubing and chopping. Thread a piece of green pepper onto the skewer. Follow it with a cube of beef, then one half of a preserved lemon, a couple of pieces of red onion, another piece of beef, a piece of red pepper and top it with a mushroom. Repeat the process with the rest of the skewers. Set all of the kabobs into a roasting pan in one layer and set aside.
- 2Place the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk until well mixed. Pour the mixture over the kabobs and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Preheat an outdoor charcoal or gas grill to high heat. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook about 3 minutes per side. Remove and serve immediately or let cool, and take them on a picnic.
- 4Serve with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce.
- 5Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:.
- 6Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to make a chunky sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Beef Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.7
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 957.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of