Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from kalynskitchenblogspot.com A simple bean dish that is great to make ahead. The star of the recipe is chopped fresh parsly.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic puree or 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pour chick peas and black beans one at a time into colander placed in sink, rinse well until no more foam appears and let drain.Blot dry if they seem too wet.
- While beans are draining, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and let the flavors blend.
- Mix the salad ingredients together and let it marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop green onions, tomatoes and parsly and add to bowl. Combine this with the beans.
- Whisk dressing ingredients and gently add dressing to bean mixture.
- Add salt and pepper.
Great recipe! I added 1 T. apple cider vinegar and another 1/2 cup tomatoes. This stuff is addicting, and a cheaper alternative to the Balela I buy at Trader Joe's.
I love Balela! I first got it from Trader Joes grocery. This recipe is just the same and fabulously delicious!
Amazing!! Like other posters, I usually buy this from Trader Joe's. This is just as good, if better, and easy to make. Thanks for posting!!!