Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from kalynskitchenblogspot.com A simple bean dish that is great to make ahead. The star of the recipe is chopped fresh parsly.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic puree or 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pour chick peas and black beans one at a time into colander placed in sink, rinse well until no more foam appears and let drain.Blot dry if they seem too wet.
- While beans are draining, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and let the flavors blend.
- Mix the salad ingredients together and let it marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop green onions, tomatoes and parsly and add to bowl. Combine this with the beans.
- Whisk dressing ingredients and gently add dressing to bean mixture.
- Add salt and pepper.
Great recipe! I added 1 T. apple cider vinegar and another 1/2 cup tomatoes. This stuff is addicting, and a cheaper alternative to the Balela I buy at Trader Joe's.
I love Balela! I first got it from Trader Joes grocery. This recipe is just the same and fabulously delicious!
This is delicious. Both Trader Joe's and Costco sell this salad premade and they are both very good, although Costco's is too spicy for my taste. This one is worth the small effort to make it at home. I added a little red pepper flakes but just a little. I also like a little more lemon