Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe came from the Not-so-Humble Vegetable cookbook.
- 250 g butter beans
- 250 g green beans
- 3 teaspoons sumac
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Boil, steam or microwave beans until almost tender.
- Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Gently mix beans with sumac, onion parsley and combined remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
This is a very good salad recipe. The dressing is nice and light. I have sumac on hand, but don't get much chance to use it. I used canned green beans and lima beans for this. Thanks for posting this.