Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from a website. I altered the dressing a tad bit to my tastes.
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and dried
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon sumac
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange leaves on a large plate and layer with onions, mushrooms and tomato.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, sumac and salt and pepper until well-blended.
- Drizzle dressing over salad platter.
Delicious! I have made a similar recipe before but this one is better because of the honey addition. I used baby arugula, red onion in a lesser amount, as that is what I had on hand, very fresh mushrooms, unrefined extra virgin olive oil, local raw honey, sea salt, to taste, freshly ground black pepper, plus the rest of the ingredients. I may make this again with less garlic for DH.