Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A recreation of a favorite appetizer cheese spread my parents used to get at the little store near their house. You can substitute Stilton or Gorgonzola for the blue and/or Gloucester for the cheddar, if desired. (NOTE: The prep time is to allow the two cheeses to soften.)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (well softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (well softened)
- 4 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Cream the cheddar and cream cheese together.
- If desired, add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle in blue cheese crumbles until you have your desired amount. (Until it looks good to you.) Stir well.
- Place into the dish/bowl it will be served in, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a stiff cracker (melba, crostini, etc.).