1/1 Photo of Mid-summer Madness Slush or Punch (alcoholic)
6 hrs 5 mins
This makes a whole bunch of frozen slush and I must warn you, it packs a punch. Be sure to take away your guest's keys before serving this! I got this from the Best of Bridge and I was inspired to post this by Rita L's Passion Punch recipe (#66869)that I recently made. Although the ingredients are completely different, the slush aspect of it is the same. I remember drinking this on hot summer nights at BBQ's and patio parties. You can scoop out a couple scoops of the slush, put in a glass and add 7 Up, Gingerale or soda water OR once you make it into a slush, pour it into a punch bowl and add the pop to it. Either way, it's yummy, refreshing and you may have to make room for your guests to crash on the couch! Cooking time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apricot brandy
- 1 cup vodka or 1 cup rum (I usually double this)
- 1 (48 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (48 ounce) can apricot nectar (I think this is only available in Canada, so other nationalities can use a passion fruit juice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can almost thawed frozen orange juice concentrate (don't add water)
- 1 (16 ounce) can almost thawed frozen lemonade concentrate (don't add water)
- 2 (2 liter) bottles 7-Up soda or 2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale or 2 (2 liter) bottles soda water
Garnish if serving in punch bowl
- 1Mix all together in a 1 gallon freezable container or ice cream bucket and freeze until slushy.
- 2To serve: Scoop 2 parts slush to one part 7 Up, Gingerale or Soda Water OR Scoop slush into a large punch bowl and add 7 Up, Gingerale or Soda Water.
- 3Garnish with lemons, limes and oranges (or any other fruit you prefer).
- 4Try putting half the slush into the punch bowl and add one bottle of pop to test your alcohol/mix taste requirements.
- 5AS a warning, it does not have a strong alcohol taste!
- 6I prefer using the scoop in the glass method to making it in a punch bowl because like all punches with pop, the pop eventually goes flat.
- 7This stays in the freezer well and if your guests don't guzzle it all (fat chance on that one!), you can easily serve it again in the near future.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mid-summer Madness Slush or Punch (alcoholic)
Serving Size: 1 (8673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1202.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 275.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 251.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: