Recipe by Kat's Mom
An easy side from the Southern Cooking cookbook.
Top Review by SmallTownGirl
Wonderful and the time for my very large onion was spot-on. My DH even commented how good it was and an was surprised it was made in the 1100w micro. I added about 3/4 tsp brownulated sugar. I am saving the juice for an another use. Major thanks.
- 1 large vidalia onion (or other sweet onion variety)
- 1 beef bouillon cubes or 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel outer skin from onion.
- Cut slice off bottom root end of onion so it stands upright.
- Cut cone shape out of top of onion with small sharp knife, leaving at least 1/2 inch intact in bottom of onion.
- Place onion in bowl.
- Place bouillon cube and butter in hole in onion.
- Fill bowl with water, covering onion halfway up side.
- Cover onion and bowl loosely with waxed paper; microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender and can be separated with fork.
- Serve broth with onion, if desired.