An easy side from the Southern Cooking cookbook.
Make and share this Microwaved Vidalia Onion recipe from Food.com.
- Peel outer skin from onion.
- Cut slice off bottom root end of onion so it stands upright.
- Cut cone shape out of top of onion with small sharp knife, leaving at least 1/2 inch intact in bottom of onion.
- Place onion in bowl.
- Place bouillon cube and butter in hole in onion.
- Fill bowl with water, covering onion halfway up side.
- Cover onion and bowl loosely with waxed paper; microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender and can be separated with fork.
- Serve broth with onion, if desired.